Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why Flossie?

I grew up with Flossie. Flossie was the imaginary woman who helped my mother when I was growing up...she was generally called in when my mother was at the end of her rope. For instance, "It sure would be nice if Flossie would finish these dishes..." Flossie did it all - behind the scenes, of course.

As a new mom (to my precious Anna) who recently went back to work and is trying to figure out how to "get it all done" while still having fun and keeping my sanity, I've come to realize that Flossie and I are one and the same! Don't get it? Read again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need a Flossie to help me get it all done. Rick is in Afghanistan until next week & conveniently Thomas is clingy and teething!!! Perfect timing:)

homie cat said...

I remember Flossie! I have picked my name as homie cat. I am at home all day long and do not have an imagination. I dont even work and find it hard to get it all done with all of the breast feeding. I usually only give myself two goals a day, shower and take a walk. After those two are completed then I can look forward to the other ones. Oh yeah, another one that is very important, eat!!!