Thursday, May 28, 2009

jane part 2.

I also wanted to post some memories that my friend, Monika, shared about Jane (obviously, Monika gave me her permission to post).  I couldn't agree more with her sentiments:

Dear, sweet Jane.  

You are one of my best friends who has been there for me in both the happiest and most trying times of my life.  It’s strange not to be able to call you right now and talk about this tragedy.  You were always my “go-to”. 

But since this is a celebration of your life, I need to tell you the things I love about you and thank you for the memories I will hold close to my heart forever. 

·      I love you for always being a good friend.  You were an attentive listener and insightful advisor.  You were non-judgmental.  You were understanding.  Your advice was solid and honest.

·      I love you for providing me with new perspectives.  You helped me explore and discover myself.

·      I love you for remaining true to yourself.

·      I love you for being such an amazing artist.

·      I love you for being the first friend I had at Carolina.

·      I love you for nicknaming me “Booger”.

·      I love you for going to countless frat parties with me and dancing until all hours of the morning.

·      I love you for snorting when you laugh.

·      I love you for introducing yourself as “Rosemarie” when guys hit on you.

·      I love you for making my beetle Halloween costume.

·      I love you for making our apartment a home by recovering all of our furniture in bright blues and yellows.

·      I love you for having a newt whom you fed crickets – and both the crickets and the newt sometimes escaped in the apartment.

·      I love you for eating weird dishes – like a bowl of Italian dressing with grated Parmesan cheese.

·      I love you for wearing Kangaroos – complete with Velcro fasteners and a zipper change pocket. 

You are an amazing, funny and intelligent woman.  You are beautiful to the core. 

I love you.  I will miss you forever.

No comments: