Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And so it goes every night...

I shouldn't even be writing this.  I should be in bed sleeping.  Why?  Because MK has been asleep for the past hour.  It's now 10:13 pm; she's been asleep since about 9 pm.  If she follows the pattern she seems to have established, she'll sleep until sometime between 11:30 and 12, and then she'll get up, eat, hang out and go back down.  On a good night, she's back down by 1 or 1:30; last night it was 3.

So - all the intelligent folks would take this opportunity to sleep.  Me - not so intelligent.  Why?  Because - this is almost always the first time ALL DAY that I have had a chance to do anything for ME.  By the way, that means things like cleaning the kitchen, writing thank you notes, addressing birth announcements and picking up the house so I don't want to crawl out of my skin (I'm slightly OCD about having a neat house).

What's my husband doing? Weeelllll....he's been in bed since 8:30 or so.  He says he's tired and needs to sleep.  Um...me too!

I've got nobody to blame but myself, I suppose.  I wish I was okay with letting all of the "chores" go by the wayside (along with the 30 minutes I'll spend between blogging, Facebook, email) and just kicking back, because I truly need to.

So, I'm signing off.  I'm going to do it.  I'm going to sleep.

No comments: