Friday, March 4, 2011

In the now.

Right here, right now, it's all good.

As I try to capture this journey of being the parent of a newborn (and a preschooler), I know that I need to capture each moment for what it is.  And this one - right now - is good.

I had a good night's sleep last night (that's how I describe six hours, four of which were uninterrupted).  I took an hour-long nap today.  I got out and ran some much-needed errands today while AG was in preschool; MK slept like an angel while I did so.  Husband had to work late (very late), and I managed to feed, bathe and put to bed the two girls.

So, while MK is snoozing for a few minutes (did I mention she's in the bouncy seat in the bathroom with the fan turned on?  whatever works.), I've enjoyed a glass of wine while listening to some good music and finalizing my address list for MK's birth announcements.  Husband is now home and one the phone with a West Coast friend, so I'm literally chillin'.  For the moment.  And, well, that's about all any of us can ask for, isn't it?

A few years ago, I read The Power of Now, and while I'm pretty sure this wasn't quite what the author was referring to, I am taking in how grateful and happy I am.  Right.  Now.  Because, what I also know is that the moment can (and will) change.  Just.  Like.  That.

No comments: