Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Inspirational Women

Social networking is incredible. Ten years ago, who knew that I'd be able to connect with persons from all areas of my life through one Web site?

Some photos that a friend of mine posted on Facebook a few days ago (that I saw today) inspired me to think about how incredibly blessed I am to be surrounded by such strong women. This particular friend is beautiful, smart, fun and a great mom to boot. Unfortunately, her husband didn't come close to measuring up, and she's had a tough few years. But, she made the choice to rise above her challenges rather than being a victim. She doesn't wallow in what could have been...she doesn't expect that anyone "owes" her anything as a result of what she's been through. Rather, she picked up her life, made smart - but hard - choices in her son's best interest, and she moved on...or shall I say, "up." Today, she's happier than I've ever known her, and she literally glows. She has an incredible career and a beautiful, happy, well-balanced son. She took the narrow, crooked, less traveled path, and it's leading her to great places. I'm so proud.

No comments: